Want your child to experience the great outdoors in the evening? Jubilee Cadets offer a fantastic club – The Adventurers!
The Adventurers for 5-11 year-olds brings together all the thrills of Jubilee Cadets with more structured Forest School activities, where children can earn awards and certificates upon completion of the course.
Coming soon... Check back for new dates here!
Fees are £50.00 per term to attend once a week. This works out at just £10 per session including a light tea.
(We are unable to accept childcare vouchers for The Adventurers.)
20 children per session
1:10 ratio with 1 forest school leader who will run the session.
What is Forest School?
Forest School is an inspirational process that offers all learners opportunities to achieve and develop confidence and self-esteem through hands-on learning experiences in a woodland or natural environment with trees.
“A Forest School is an innovative educational approach to outdoor play and learning.For more information on the benefits of Forest School go to www.forestschools.com
How are the Adventurers’ evenings structured?
Children can learn new skills and enjoy a variety of activities, from campfire cooking to wood whittling, learning about tools and how to care for the environment. Children are guaranteed fresh air and fun after a day at school.
Forest School activities include:
- Learning knots
- Building dens
- Erecting tarpaulins
- Using knots and sticks to make furniture / items (picture frame)
- Making mud pies and mud cakes (mud kitchen)
- Using clay and natural items for craft
- Whittling sticks (bow and arrow)
- Making habitats and building dams
- Stream / pond dipping
- Bug hunts and creating habitats (ant colonies)
- Treasure hunts
- Adventure walks
- Tree climbing
- Team games: capture the flag
- Learning how to safely use tools
- Using tools to maintain the woodland (bow saw, loppers)
- Leaning about fire safety and how to keep a fire going
- Starting fires with natural resources and putting fires out
- Preparing and cooking tea on the fire
At 4.45pm the children will take a break and enjoy a light tea together.
Jubilee Cadets is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all the children and expects all staff to share this commitment. All members of staff are subject to a DBS check and satisfactory references.