Mini Cadets...for your little explorers
Forest School Sessions
Children are welcome who are due to go to school in September 2018. They will enjoy the freedom to explore in a safe environment in our beautiful private woodland.
Sessions will run on a Tuesday and Thursday during term-time from 9:30 until 11:30am. (Register for either the Tuesday or Thursday).
- Mini Cadets costs just £70.00 per term. This works out at £14 per session.
- 16 children per session – Limited Spaces available.
- 1:8 ratio 2 practitioners (counted in ratio) and 1 Forest school leader who will run the session.
Tuesday 24th April & Thursday 26th April are the introductory sessions for each course where parents can stay to meet the team and a chance for the mini cadets to meet one another. At the end of each term they will each receive a certificate. Throughout the course the children will create natural art to bring home.
What is Forest School ?
Forest School is an inspirational process that offers ALL learners regular opportunities to achieve and develop confidence and self-esteem through hands-on learning experiences in a woodland or natural environment with trees.
“A Forest School is an innovative educational approach to outdoor play and learning. For more information on the benefits of forest school go to www.forestschools.com
What do we do?
Have a lot of fun! Children enjoy gaining greater independence and confidence in our safe and caring environment while you get a couple of hours to spend on yourself. Parents and carers can join children for the first settling-in session and children will progress through the term in a small group with our practitioners.
Our Forest School sessions
- Use the natural environment to develop a greater awareness of the world.
- Explore risks and boundaries in a physically demanding environment.
- Builds necessary life skills and involve others in your progress.
- Create memorable experiences and valuable relationships.
How are the sessions structured?
Our unique sessions are based around key themes within our woodland, for Mini Cadets to enjoy, for example:
- Mini Beasts
within these key themes, children will take part in a host of activities linked to forest school, such as:
- Learning about fire safety and making a fire
- Cooking on a fire
- Bug collecting / building habitats for bugs
- Making habitats in nature (stream dams)
- Creations with natural resources (mud kitchen)
- Story-telling and role play
- Whittling sticks
- Learning tool safety and tool uses (bow saw and loppers)
At 10.30am the children will take a break and enjoy a snack.
Who will be looking after your little ones?
Bella has been working at Cadets since the day it started; she holds a level 3 diploma in Play work and a level 3 forest school leader qualification. She has a full paediatric and outdoor first aid certificates. She is very passionate about the woodland as she grew up climbing trees and spent many days collecting bugs and making mud pies. (DBS up to date)
Jubilee Cadets is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all the children and expects all staff to share this commitment. All members of staff are subject to a DBS check and satisfactory references.